The Andersen Clan

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Family gets together

So last weekend we were able to go to Utah to meet up with my Mom & Dad since we are not going to see them for Christmas time. Amanda & Dan and all their little ones were able to make it to Utah as well! We had so much we left Thursday after I got off work and got to Utah around 9:30. We stayed with my Aunt Diana and her family that night. Me & Kevin were pretty cold that night and put one of those space heaters by us, well we were still cold so we put our heads by it. We woke up in the morning and our faces were so red and dry and scaley...haha it was pretty funny. That day we got ready and Amanda & Dan had gotten there and we went to this little cottage town by West Jordan and found all of these little elfs and if you found them all you got a cookie. We were able to look at some of there cute shops to. My favorite was this toy store we went to and they had a little toilet and when you lifted the lid it squirted water at you. I don't know if it's because I'm a plumbers daughter that I thought it was hilarious or if it was just the fact that I am still a child. Probably both. Anyways we had a lot of fun with that. Then we went and shopped. Kevin hates shopping and says he has probably been shopping with the Smith's more than he has in his whole entire life.....yeah right Kev. So then we called it a night and went back to the hotel and hung out and visited like we always do. Here are some pictures I took of Amanda me and the kids and dad with the elf.
So that night was so much fun and then the next day we woke up and got ready and went to what is possibly the coolest store ever to exist! It is called Scheels, this store has Purses, Jewelery, Clothes, work out clothes is a sporting outlet, has guns and ammo. Has camo clothing has gun ammo has trampolines and so SO SO SO SO SO SO much more it was the perfect store EVER! Then men could go do what they wanted and the girls could go do what they wanted. They even had a little shooting arcade for the kids to play with. A restaurant so we could get our fountain Pespsi's and some fudge tatstings. I loved this place so much. The best part is they have this humongous Ferris Wheel right smack dab in the middle of the store. You can bet your boots we went on that thing. I went with Kevin and Dad went with Logan and Mom went with D (Kennedy)!! Here is the Ferris Wheel
Here is Amanda Dan Mom and D They are waving at Bryn who is watching them
Here is Me and Kev at the very top
Here is Dad and Logan, it was hard to get one of them
Then there is this one a look down from the top
One more of me yeah I also made a killing while I was there! I wish
If you can't tel this place was just life changing for me and Santa was even there. Then they had this cool fish tank that you walked under needless to say if you see a Scheels I recommend you stop! So then that day I think we did a little more shopping and then we went to Temple Square to see the lights. They were SOO pretty! I love to be at Temple Square this time of year and I feel like I hadn't been there at Christmas time in a very long while. We wondered around and then listened to the story of Mary in Bethlehem and then we went up into the Joseph Smith Building and waited to eat at the restaurant there. I had never eaten there it was good but pretty expensive for a chicken sandwhich. Here is a picture of the temple and the pretty lights.
Beautiful right? Yeah it was then we all went back to the hotel I snuck some hot chocolate from the coffee area and we girls had hot chocolate and sat and visited more and then watched an episode of Duck Dynasty a new favorite show of mine and Kevins. My dad's too and the little kids liked it to. They had fun playing around and telling Kevin that his socks stunk which they probably did. Then the morning came and what a sad day that was! I hate leaving my family and I am sure I almost ALWAYS get a little emotional when saying bye to my mom and Dad I just love them so dang much!

2 comments:

  1. That place looks awesome! I'm jealous you get to see family more than i do! You crack me up Taters you write exactly how you talk! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had so much fun. Glad you guys came up.

    ReplyDelete